Experts in Root Canal procedure
Best Multi-speciality Dental services available in Bangalore
Root canal is a treatment to repair and save a badly damaged or infected tooth. The term "root canal" comes from cleaning of the canals inside a tooth's root. Teeth have a soft core called dental pulp.
The pulp extends from the crown (the visible part of the tooth) to the tip of the tooth's root in the jawbone. The pulp contains nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue.
When a tooth is cracked or has a deep cavity, bacteria enter the pulp. Left untreated, bacteria and decaying material can cause a serious infection or a tooth abscess, leading to pulp death, bone loss and loss of the tooth itself.
Signs and symptoms may include swelling around your face and neck, a hole in your tooth, toothache or tooth pain, gum swelling, and temperature sensitivity.
Root Canal Treatment at Crescent Dental Solutions:
1. Dental X-ray is done to check the extent of damage.
2. Local anaesthetic is administered to control pain.
3. A rubberlike sheet called a dental dam is put in your mouth to keep the tooth clean, protected, and free of saliva.
4. Decay is removed, and an opening is made through the crown of the tooth to gain access to the pulp chamber.
5. Using small dental instruments, the infected or diseased pulp is removed.
6. The chamber is cleaned, and root canals are reshaped or enlarged.
7. A temporary filling is placed in the crown to protect the tooth and keep out debris and saliva (if root canal requires multiple visits.)
8. A sealer paste and rubber compound is used to fill the tooth, followed by a dental filling to protect root canals from saliva.
9. Your tooth is restored usually by placing a crown (a realistic-looking artificial tooth). After your root canal, your restored tooth with the new crown should work normally and look cosmetically pleasing.
Our highly qualified Dental specialists at Crescent Dental Solutions will also suggest dental and oral hygiene so that your restored tooth could last a lifetime. She has treated many patients suffering with root canal problems.
At Crescent Dental solutions, the best multi-speciality dental hospitals at BMT Layout, our team of top notch dental specialists who are highly experienced offer root canals and other procedures that protect your oral health.
To discuss your root canal and get flawlessly healthy oral health, call or schedule an appointment online with the team at Crescent Dental Solutions, Bangalore.